Thinking About Hiring Us For A Funeral?
We find it such a privilege to sing at funerals. It is a very sensitive time for all, but we believe that music allows a space for family and friends to express their emotions, to remember happy times, for prayer or mindfulness – music can bring relief. We are honoured every time a family chooses to have us sing at a funeral and always endeavour to do a fantastic job fulfilling their requests.
What Music Do People Choose For Funerals?
Some people need extra support singing hymns, others choose the favourite song of the deceased, or songs that reflects their character. Some choose songs to reflect their sadness and help them release their emotions. Others prefer to celebrate the life of their friend or family member and still others to have a time of worship and prayer, giving glory to God.
It depends on who you are and your desires – we are happy to help you achieve the best possible funeral service for you and your family.
Our Funeral Package
We know that funerals are more expensive than you would first think, and that keeping the cost down is important. We therefore charge 25% less to sing at funerals than our other events. We are also flexible with our line ups – you don’t have to book four singers, but can go with one or three singers if your budget won’t allow for four.
Every funeral is different so have a think about what kind of songs you would like before you get in touch. Do you want
- Hymns? Worship songs? Gospel songs?
- Something from our repertoire list?
- A particular contemporary song?
We recommend booking our pianist as this gives you a lot of flexibility when choosing songs.
- It’s an all inclusive price – you can have as many or as few songs as you like in the service. We can play songs from an iPod through our PA system and if you book our pianist/organist, he can also play solos.
- Every funeral is different so we can be flexible on the information and prices below but this is a good guide.
- If you are booking one singer or singer and pianist,
- you can choose any song you would like as long as it is performable! This is at our discretion.
- If you are booking three singers,
- you can choose anything from our three singer song list and any hymns or worship songs;
- you can choose one contemporary song that isn’t on our list for no extra charge.
- Any extra songs will cost £150 to arrange for the day.
- If you are booking four singers,
- you can choose anything from our full repertoire list and any hymns/worship songs;
- you can choose one contemporary song that isn’t on our list for £100 extra.
- Any extra songs will cost £200 to arrange for the day. This is because it can take a whole day to arrange new music plus the learning time for our singers.
How much do we charge?
These are our prices for London and surrounding areas. If you are further afield it will cost a bit more to cover our travel time and expenses. The cost includes the hire of our small PA system and any equipment we need.
The funeral service only:
- One singer – pianist £250 (choose from Jules, James Francis or James Philip)
- One singer and pianist £425
- Three singers and pianist £875
- Four singers a cappella / backing tracks £925
- Four singers and pianist £1125
The funeral service plus the burial:
Singing at the graveside will be a cappella (just voices). It may be slightly cheaper if both are on the same site.
- One singer – pianist £375
- One singer and pianist £550
- Three singers and pianist £1100
- Four singers a cappella / backing tracks £1175
- Four singers and pianist £1375
No doubt you have lots of other questions so please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We hope this article has been helpful in planning your loved one’s funeral.